Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Dear pol, 

Hasn't it been a long time? So much has happened to me and to the world ever since I last wrote to you. There were times when I desperately attempted to write to you but couldn't due to various reasons. One was my inaccessibility to a computer. Life was relatively hard on me last year, and it probably decided to ease it on me a little bit this year. I have been able to breath in relaxation, look at the mess of my life and take some remedial measures. I hope things improve in the coming days. 

The best thing that has happened to me in the last two years is that I have found love. She is a wonderful girl, really smart, a little reticent and should I even mention her beautiful face. It wasn't one of those breezy no-strings-attached love stories. It took a long time for both of us to realize that we cared for each other. By the way, I forgot to tell you that we met each other only after we fell in love. You can now imagine all the confusion that could have gone through each other's mind. 

My first meeting with her was in a swanky coffee bar. I hate these coffee bars because of the extravagance I see among the people who come there. But she insisted on meeting in one of those places. We did not talk much. I spent most of the time reading the menu and admiring her wrist watch. The second time we met, we couldn't help but hold hands. This was in a park, the one near the stadium. The moment I gripped her sweaty palms and held them in mine I realized how tremendously I loved this girl. She later told me that she felt the same at the moment. We have met a couple of times after that but we have never done anything more than hold hands. The first time, a few minutes after I held her hand, I asked her if I could kiss her and she immediately shook her head and whispered, 'please no'. I know I got carried away in that moment and I spent the rest of the day kicking myself. Love is wonderful yet so frustrating. 

I haven't been following the elections as closely as my boss. He seems to have gone into a state of paranoia ever since elections were announced. He says Karunanidhi must be made India's PM if we are to see any progress. Oh, I dont know. Is he any good? 

I have got myself a small TV now. I couldn't miss the IPL this year. I am a big fan of the Kings XI Punjab and everytime they win, I treat myself to an extra beer. I think Preity Zinta is becoming more and more beautiful as she is growing old. And that reminds me that the last movie of her's that I saw was Kabhi Alvidha Na Kehna. She was too good in that. 

It is going to be another tiring day tomorrow. Sometimes I think my hands might just cut themselves off my body and disappear into a gutter considering the hard work that I make them do. I sometimes dream that its my boss's hands that get cut-off. 

I dont think I enjoy writing these days. I dont know when I will write to you next. Till then, keep safe. 

Photon

No comments: